Do Derby Right! Spend Derby weekend in the beautiful Highlands, a block from Bardstown Road, with restaurants, shopping, and attractions within walking distance. Gawk at celebrities at the infamous Barnstable Brown party; kick back under the gazebo; and walk to restaurants, bars, and coffee shops.
Our home is a classic Highlands gem. The lower level is a separate apartment with one bedroom and one bathroom. The main house is three bedrooms and one bathroom (one bedroom is an office/bedroom) for a total of four bedrooms and two full baths.
The upstairs bath has a separate water closet. The house has beautiful hardwoods downstairs and carpet upstairs for silent nights. Decorated in a light, Pottery Barn style. Stainless steel and granite in the kitchen, flat-screen TV, two-tier deck with gazebo, separate dining area and grill, and a beautiful sunny yard. Our smoke-free, pet-free home will be professionally cleaned before your arrival.
Other details you’ll appreciate: all new windows with blinds or plantation shutters keep out the sun and let you sleep like a baby. U-verse TV and wireless Internet. A home office. Gas fireplace. All white hotel-style towels. And mint juleps!
Beds: 1 king (Heaven on Earth with heated mattress pad, super pillow-top mattress, and luxury linen), 1 queen pillowtop, 1 double, 1 sofa bed (Ikea Mandal, very comfortable) in the office. Additional queen air mattress available on request.
- separate apartment with 1 bedroom (double bed)
- 1 bathroom
- full kitchen
- sitting area
- separate entrance
- living room with fireplace and sectional sofa
- family room with flatscreen TV and plenty of seating
- inversion table
- bedroom w/king pillowtop
- bedroom w/queen pillowtop
- office and Ikea Mandal sofabed
- full bath with separate water closet
Main kitchen amenities: Microwave, Vita-Mix (for your daiquiris and margaritas!), dishwasher, garbage disposal, and a collection of electric gizmos worthy of Williams-Sonoma.
Neighborhood: Fabulous Highlands area, near the Douglass Loop, eight minutes to Churchill Downs (straight down Eastern Parkway). Close to Cherokee Park, the Watterson Expressway, and Downtown/Market Street galleries. Check out our neighborhood here.
Testimonial from last year’s Derby Renter:
“Colleen was such a gracious host! She responded quickly to all of my messages and was truly great to work with. We rented the whole house and had such a wonderful time! Her home offered plenty of space, was very clean and has super cute style! The back patio is something to behold, a peaceful outdoor space in a city setting! The house is very close to many restaurants, bars/the “hip” part of town, an easy walk or $5 cab ride. Overall, it was a great experience. I would definitely stay in this beautiful home and work with Colleen again!: — Heidi
- $5,900 for three nights, Thursday thru Saturday.
- check in as early as 4 p.m. Thursday, check out as late as 2 p.m. on Sunday
- no house parties, pets, smoking, or crabapples
- 50 percent of rental amount and $500 refundable damage deposit required to book house; balance of rental due April 1, 2017
- rental is not refundable
- To rent or for more information, please contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.593.3417